Nuevasync is a personal information synchronization service. This policy describes the types of personal information we process and store, how we use it to provide the Nuevasync service and what we will do and not do with your information.
To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, at this time Nuevasync is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, please do not use the Nuevasync service.
In the course of providing this service Nuevasync sends, receives and often stores personal information that you have elected to give us access to, such as calendar events and contacts. For example, we receive your Calendar information from your phone, process it and send some or all of it to Google for storage in your calendar account there. All the processing, storage and transmission of your personal information we do is related to our providing the service and is done for no other reason.
By using Nuevasync, you agree to the processing and storage of your personal information as described in this policy.
What we do and do not do
- We store a subset of your information in our databases where necessary to provide the service to you.
- Our databases are archived in order to assure reliable service in the event of a server failure. Off-site archives are transmitted encrypted.
- We only store your information when it is necessary to do so in order to provide the service. That is, we do not needlessly accumulate your information on our servers.
- Our e-mail sync service does not store message content, subject lines, recipent lists or attachments. This information is fetched from your mail store when requested by your device.
- Authentication credentials that you provide to the service for the purpose of accessing your data, for example your e-mail password, are encrypted when stored.
- We process your information on our servers in order to provide the synchronization service. As a consequence of the processing your information may be held for a time in the memory of our servers and in log files that we use to verify correct operation of the service. This information is purged when no longer needed and to recover disk space. We do not archive log files containing personal information.
- When you send and receive information from our service we require encryption in order to protect your privacy. Our servers do not accept unencrypted connections.
- We will never rent, sell or share your information without your express permission.
- We may release your information to law enforcement entities provided they can prove to us that they have jurisdiction and proper legal authority to demand that we do so.
- You can update your account information and preferences at any time.
- You can revoke our access to your information at any time.
- You may delete your account and associated information at any time (see below).
What types of personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Nuevasync account information When you register with Nuevasync, we will request some personal information, including your first and last name, email address, a username, and password to create your account. You are not required to provide your name. We use your name only to greet you personally if we need to communicate with you. Your username, e-mail address and password are required to provide the service.
- Provider account credentials When you configure a provider for your Nuevasync account (for example Google calendar) you give us your provider username and credentials (either your password or a security token depending on the authentication system used by the provider). We use these credentials only to access your information in the provider’s service on your behalf, in order to provide the syncronization service.
- Synchronized data We store some of your synchronized information, including fields from your contacts. We need to do this in order to resolve conflicts and semantic differences between your device and your provider’s service. Access to stored data is limited to authorized personnel and only for the purpose of providing the service.
- Trace and debug log data Our servers record the processing of your information in a log file. This may include portions of your information. Access to log files is limited to authorized personnel and only for the purposes of investigating errors and other problems in our service.
- Web server logs We use industry standard web server technology with access and error logging in the default configuration. This produces log files that contain your IP address, Nuevasync username and your device ID. We may use this information for performance analysis and for other investigation related to providing a reliable service. We don’t use this information for any other purpose and it is not retained long term nor archived.
Payment Processing and Privacy
Our payment system does not store any information beyond that which is necessary to record that your payment was made and to facilitate auditing. We do not store your credit card information or any other personal information captured during the payment process. Our payment processing vendor requires that we provide them your IP address (the public IP address of the machine making the request to our web site) along with each credit card transaction. We do not store this information.
Why we may contact you
Nuevasync may e-mail you information related to your Nuevasync account or Nuevasync services. Because we believe such information is important, you will not be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. If you fail to act upon instructions that we send you that in our opinion degrade the security or privacy of your information within a reasonable time, we may disable your account.
Transfer and termination
Transfer of information. Personal information collected by Nuevasync may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Nuevasync maintains facilities. By using Nuevasync you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
You can terminate your account at any time by clicking the delete account link on the account settings page on our web site. We delete all your information from our databases. Your username will however remain reserved and will not not be re-usable in the future by you or any other person. Note however that some or all of your information may still be recoverable from archives or from our hard drives by law enforcement agencies, even after deletion.